Saturday, January 30, 2010

Inspiring & Amazing EGM 01/02

Although I got thesis to rush, many assignments, FYP lab, tests and XX planning at this period, suppose to be at lab or at room to do all these stuffs today; if not, I might be at orphanage home doing volunteering work. Yet, I chose to stay my whole day at arked Meranti, 2nd floor, just to witness the power of youths, who keen so much for self-learning and developing others, at the same time, hoping to make great impact on society.

“We are Change Agents.”

I believe in Hope in this reality world. From my view, everyone possesses a pure heart since they were born. Although it may be contaminated along the way, but the nature deepest inside everyone’s heart, is pure. Do you actually believe there are people who actually care about our environment? Who care about world peace? In AIESEC, there are number of students more than what you have expected, care about these. We want to be a better human, we want a better world.

16 vice presidency and Local committee presidency candidates were participated in this “Votes of Confidence” stage of election. They want a change, in themselves as well as the society. It really needs huge courage to run for this election. From the opening speech, Q&A, until closing speech, it was not solely about election, I sensed the sincerity, maturity and growth of them. Gaining votes and trust from the plenary is one thing; what really matters was the intense experience throughout the whole day. The process catalyzed their growths into a better person in a single day.

This EGM, or maybe I should say every EGM touched me a lot. It is a platform for every youth to step closer to their dreams, to achieve what they want. It gives a turning point for everyone to change the current life or a ladder for those who climbed in half way, to reach a higher place. That’s why I love AIESEC. Energetic, positive, open-minded, inspiring... these are some common characteristics in AIESECers.

I know my attachment to this organization will go on and on.
No matter where or who am I.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe people around me do not understand why final year student still want to involve in so many activities and organizations. I just want to fully utilize my few months left in campus to do what I wish to do. You may be a normal student, but I want to be a special student who has an extraordinary life. You may disagree my way, but please don’t try to criticize my decision.

I know what I want, what to achieve, what is my purpose of life.

How about you?

If you can’t answer it, then you’ve no right to deny my way.

Don't do something because you have to do it; BUT, Do because you wish and know why you do it.

2 comments:

盈之语 said...

Hey dear, remember what we shared during EGM? Even when we leave and end this journey, but the inspiration always in our deepest side of heart.

Especially the people, like you for me.

Gambate together for our FYP and final year! Let us bring along the inspiration to start our another chapter of life :)

valene said...

I'll always remember.=)
Let's strive hard for it!!